How do I complain?

Despite our best efforts we realise that things will go wrong from time to time. If you are unhappy with any of our products or services then please let us know and give us the opportunity to put things right for you.

In order to have the most complete record possible we would prefer to have your complaint in writing. You can write to us:

By post

Sure, PO Box 3, St Peter Port, Guernsey, GY1 3AB

By email


Please provide as much detail as possible and state how you would like us to contact you.

Our aim is to keep you updated and to put your mind at rest so we can contact you on any telephone number or email address that you provide us with, or we can respond to you by letter.

If you are unable to write to us you can contact us by phone on 01481 700700 and ask our call agent to log your complaint and refer it to our Complaints Team.


What happens next?

As soon as we have received a communication from you we will issue you with a ticket reference number. We will send this via whichever communication method you have requested when you logged your complaint.

We'll start an investigation into the issue that you have brought to our attention and update you along the way.

We aim to contact you personally within 48 hours of you placing your complaint (or our receiving the complaint if sent by letter).

At this stage we may need to ask a few more questions to better deal with your complaint. The more we know, the quicker and more efficiently we can resolve your issue for you.


How long will it take to have my complaint resolved?

We'll make every effort to resolve your complaint as soon as possible, however it may take between 15 and 20 working days to resolve a complaint depending on the complexity of the issue and the internal investigations we need to make.

We'll keep you regularly updated along the way so that you can be assured that we're dealing with the issue.


What if I want to speak to someone in person?

We can arrange a private meeting for you and a Sure representative at any of our premises if you wish. Please note that we can not promise we'll be able to resolve it for you while you're with us as we may need to investigate your issue further, but we will listen and take notes and ask questions so that we can be able to address your complaint.


What if I'm disabled or have sight or hearing difficulties?

We'll do all we can to assist you, please let us know what we can do to help you. For example, we can arrange for you to visit us in person and assist with disabled parking access and accessible meeting rooms if you have mobility difficulties. All customers are welcome to be accompanied by someone able to help you to get your concerns across to us.


What if English is not my first language?

Please ask us whether we have a representative available who speaks your native language. Alternatively you are welcome to be accompanied by someone able to translate and help you to get your concerns across to us, or with permission from you, they can act on your behalf.


Will you offer me a resolution?

Yes we will. As soon as our investigation is complete we'll contact you and disclose our findings. We'll take into account the issue that you have raised as well as the impact this has had on you. We'll offer you a resolution and give you time to consider our proposed resolution. If you are due a refund or a credit or even compensation this will all form part of the resolution offer that we will present you with.


What If I don't accept your offer?

We may ask you why you feel that the offer is not what you were expecting and see if we can do anything to address this. Our aim is to make every effort to put things right with you and to restore your faith in Sure. If necessary we will escalate your concern and reconsider how your complaint has been handled. You will then be contacted again to either confirm the original offer or to present you with a new one.


What if I still don't accept it? Where else can I go?

If, despite all of our best efforts you are not satisfied with the resolution that we have offered, then you can take your complaint to a regulatory body.

This could be the Guernsey Competition & Regulatory Authority who regulate us or Trading Standards who will act as a mediator on your behalf. They will contact us and we will answer their questions and concerns and they will get back to you. A decision will be reached between us and the regulatory body and you will be informed of this.

You can contact them at:

Guernsey Competition & Regulatory Authority (GCRA)
Suite 4, 1st Floor, Plaiderie Chambers, La Plaiderie, St Peter Port, GY1 1WG
Telephone: 01481 711120

Trading Standards
Sir Charles Frossard House, St Peter Port, GY1 1FH
Telephone: 01481 717000

Have more questions? Submit a request


Powered by Zendesk