What does Sure provide?
Sure provides you with a landline service over copper lines that are owned by Sure in Guernsey.
Sure are responsible for making the sure the line is fit for purpose from the exchange to your property.
What support does Sure provide?
If you have problems Sure can take you through some checks over the phone and will either solve the problem or recommend that an engineer visit is required.
What won’t Sure do?
Sure engineers won’t enter your property without prior arrangement. If during the visit the fault found to be an internal issue, you will be asked to pay for the call out. We do need you to confirm you’re happy with this ahead of an appointment being made. A current list of charges can be found here.
What can I do to solve any problems I have myself?
If you can’t receive or make calls there are a series of checks you can carry out at home:
- Check all phones are plugged into the sockets correctly
- One of your handsets may be off the hook
- If there is broadband on the same line try adding or changing the filter. Your filter could be damaged.
- If you have a noisy or crackly line this could also be down to a fault with the broadband. Again we recommend that you add or change filters and try it again before reporting a fault.
- Unplug all phones and filters, Sky boxes, Oil Masters etc. that are connected to your landline then try just one phone in the main socket.
- Try another phone.
- Make sure your socket is not damp.
If there is no dial tone
o Try other phones in the house- do they have a dial tone?
o Try another phone.
o Contact us to make sure you have no outstanding bills as you may have been cut off for non-payment.
If you are still experiencing issues after checking all of the above we will arrange for an engineer visit, this may incur charges. You can contact us by phone on 01481 700700, send a message on our Facebook page, Sure Guernsey or by emailing email@example.com.