Some applications will keep working in the background and may eat into your data allowance without you realising and will also be draining your battery.
These instructions are just for guidance as all phones vary slightly. If you need more help, please call into one of our stores where the agents on duty will be happy to show you how to do this.
How to turn off apps on Apple phones
View your open apps.
- Double-click the Home button to show your most recently used apps.
- Find the app to close.
- Swipe right or left to find the app that you want to close.
- Swipe up to close.
- Swipe up on the app's preview to close the app.
How to turn off apps on Samsung and other Android phones
Go to settings
- Select “Connections”
- Click on “Data Usage”
- There you will see Background Data and “on”
- Click on Background Data then then set to “off”
- Or choose from the list of apps which ones you want to turn off individually.