1. On your old phone, ensure your contacts are copied to your SIM card or memory card.
2. On your Android handset, navigate to your Contacts application.
3. Tap the Menu key.
4. Select Manage contacts and/or Import/Export.
5. Choose from available options (Import from storage, Import from SD card, Import from SIM card).
6. Choose where to save contacts to (e.g. sync with email account or save to phone).
7. Import will then begin automatically and will display how many contacts have been completed.